In a bid to discuss the implementation of the Reservation Roster System and the Reservation Policy, the Governor of Meghalaya has constituted a Committee comprising of all political parties. The Committee will be headed by Dr. M. Ampareen Lyngdoh, Minister of Law, and will include members from various political parties.
The Committee will comprise of the following members:
1. Dr. M. Ampareen Lyngdoh, Minister i/c Law – Chairperson
2. Shri Zenith M. Sangma, AITC – Member
3. Shri H. M. Shangpliang, BJP – Member
4. Shri Augustine Marak, GNC – Member
5. Shri K. P. Pangniang, HSPDP – Member
6. Shri Ronnie V. Lyngdoh, INC – Member
7. Shri Pyndapborthiaw Saibon, KHNAM – Member
8. Dr. W. Kharlukhi, NPP – Member
9. Shri Renkton Lyngdoh Tongkhar, UDP – Member
10. Shri Ardent M. Basaiawmoit, VPP – Member
11. Chief Secretary, Goverment of Meghalaya – Member
12. Commissioner & Secretary/ Secretary, Personnel & A.R. (B) Department – Member Secretary
The Committee’s terms of reference will be to finalise the implementation of the Reservation Roster and discuss the Reservation Policy and submit recommendations to the Government within one month from the date of this notification.
To ensure fairer representation from all categories, each political party may be represented by two additional members apart from the above-notified members.
The Committee will also have the power to co-opt any member to take part in the proceedings if felt necessary.